I've slacked on posting the positive little things that made me happy that past few weeks, but this week's Feel Good Friday seemed like a must.
Because I LOVE making lists, I am going to bullet five things that made me smile this week; so here it goes...
1. Today, Saturday, and Sunday I have absolutely NOTHING on the schedule. I can spend more time with my family, I can WORKOUT, I can visit with friends, I can sleep in, I can do WHATEVER I WANT. This is the first time I have had more than one day off in a few weeks and I plan to enjoy every. last. second. of it.
2. I was able to spend some time with two of my favorite cousins (Molly and Bridget) and their amazing kids. These beautiful women are technically my "third cousins" (our parents are first cousins) and I am so thankful that we all grew up together. How many people can say they are close to their very-extended extended family? I really am fortunate to be so close to so much family. It makes holidays that much more fun :)
3. Molly's baby girl, Caitlin, is the most GORGEOUS little girl I have ever seen. Seriously, I am obsessed with her. Molly probably thinks I am a nut case, but this little girl just melts my heart (her two boys do a really good job of melting me, too!). When I was released on Monday from babysitting the three girls, I went over to Mol's house so she and her hubster could go to dinner for V-Day (which I was so happy to do! Her husband is a college basketball coach and they don't get to do date night nearly enough). Anyway, I'm stressed, overwhelmed, and in need of a stiff drink when Molly opens her door with Cate in her arms and I see two of THE BEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL smiles in the world. Seriously, I felt 239482309482 times better the moment I got there. I should've gone over after my exam on Wednesday ;)
4. I have been told multiple times this week that I am funny. I'm really awkward when I receive compliments. I tend to get embarrassed and unsure of how to react. But this is one compliment that I absolutely LOVE hearing. I love the thought that I've made someone else smile. I'm sure many feel the same sentiment: being told you're funny NEVER gets old.
5. This is so lame, but made me so happy. Wednesday night I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open but needed to take my Anatomy exam online. I had no clue how I'd take a 50 question exam with my current state of mind, but it was a must. Well, the Good Lord must have realized I couldn't handle bombing another exam, because the test was completely screwed up, I could only see 11 questions, and half of them didn't have any answer choices. Alas, I couldn't take the exam. I was SO HAPPY! Even though the prof is going to figure out another way for us to take it, I don't even care. The fact that I didn't have to take it at that time was such a high point of the week!
6. It's sunny here!!! I don't know what winter is like besides in Indy and Ohio, but a sunny day in the winter is DEFINITELY cause for CELEBRATION! It is so ugly and dreary 99% of the time, but today is a BEAUTIFUL day. (And yes, I realize I posted 6 and not 5 things, but I was having too much fun!)
A BIG thank you to The Girl Next Door Grows Up for hosting such a wonderful and uplifting meme each week. I really needed something like this this week, to remind myself that it hasn't been a total bust.
If you are new to my blog, WELCOME! Thanks for stopping by!!
I hope you all have a wonderfully awesome weekend!!
25-year-old RN working in the NICU. I have a BA in journalism from the University of Dayton, that is nothing more than decor on my desk, & a BS in Nursing, which I earned in 11 insane months. I love to travel, read, laugh and make people laugh, and be outside. I often lack a verbal filter and am sometimes (a lot of time) slightly (really) crazy. This is my story.
Questions? Comments? Have a bone to pick with me? Email me: email@example.com
Photographs & Copyright
Unless indicated otherwise, all photographs I use were found via google images, which I consider to be fair game, although I try to give credit where credit is properly due. If you see something that belongs to you and don't want it on here, please contact me and I will remove it immediately.
If you want to use an image from my blog and it is indicated that it is of my own collection, please ask before using.
My writing is off limits, mmk? I own my words, says so after every post, so don't go claiming it as your own brilliance.