Well, hello there, Miss Spring

I know I say all the time how much I can't wait to move away from Indiana.

The truth is, Indiana really isn't all that bad. In fact, I actually really love living here from April-November. The cost of living is cheap, and, well, people in the Midwest are just nice (except for moms at the park). Plus, our values are very different from the rest of the country, or so it seems. It really is a great place to grow up.

But the winters. Oh, those painfully cold (it literally hurts to be outside, the air stings), snowy, dreary winter days take a big toll on my overall well-being. And being 12 hours away from the nearest ocean doesn't help.

Even Kendra Wilkinson agrees: "The only thing Indianapolis doesn't have for me is the weather. If I could, I would definitely live and raise a family there. It's funny. When we moved into our house there, the whole neighborhood came and greeted us. People gave us cookies. When we moved here [L.A.], not one person gave a shit. But the weather is great!" US Weekly March 22, 2010.

And then, when the spring comes, I am like a new person.

Yesterday, the first day of April, almost as if on cue, the weather did a 180 and we were graced with sunny skies and this:



It actually got up to 82*. And it was heavenly. And almost made me forget how eager I am to move somewhere that is warm year around. And near the beach.

Almost.

The forecast is looking promising, too. Winter may actually be gone for the next six months. Praise the LORD.



Miscellaneous items:

Please keep the Hausfeld family in your prayers. Kacie was a volleyball player at UD (my alma mater) and was in a single-engine plane crash yesterday afternoon. She and her father both died. I was good friends with the volleyball team and I know they are all still in shock. Please keep those girls in your prayers too, as they try to deal with the loss of a "sister." Kacie was a beautiful girl, very genuine, and had such a bright future ahead of her. God must have needed her more up there.

Yesterday was a bitter-sweet day for the UD family... our boys basketball team won the NIT! So proUD to be a Flyer!

Also, best wishes to Micah and the Butler Bulldogs, as they compete in the Final Four (here in INDY!) tomorrow night at 6pm eastern time. I won't be at the game, but will be watching with Micah's daughter and nephews! GO DAWGS!

And finally, I hope you all have a very wonderful Easter/Passover weekend. Mine is chock full of dinner's with my mom's family and my dad's family. And my Grams is coming up for it! So excited. LOVE family time.




Comments

Helene said…
We're supposed to have nice weather again starting mid next week, thank goodness! I can't stand the rain and gray skies much longer!

I wish I loved family time as much as you do!

So sad to hear about the volleyball player. I can only imagine the shock everyone must be in.
Melissa said…
Yay for family time! I hope you have a wonderful time!!!
Merri Ann said…
As much as I love spring I know it's a hop in to hot weather from here ... ugh.

Ditto on the family time ... we just got back from our family visit and now my mom's here.

So sorry about the loss. That poor family.

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving