My First (Blog-ish) Award!

My sweet, awesome friend Jess gave me an award! Now, it's not for my blog, persay, but it's an award, and we met through blogging, so I'll count it as my first blogger award!

Apparently homegirl thinks I have some mad fashion skills. I'd agree. Haha. Kidding. Sort of.

Ok, but really, she gave me this:




I don't really know how I would define my personal style, except for classy and somewhat trendy. My family and friends tell me (when I'm not looking repulsive) that I look like I'm straight out of Manhattan. I LOVE fashion. But I tend to choose what I like and what works with my body, not necessarily always choosing what is "in" for the season. That just really isn't my focus. Besides, shoulder pads are supposedly in and I wouldn't be caught dead in that nonsense. And not just because I look enough like a line-backer without the extra oomph.

Most of my clothes now come from LOFT, but that's just because it's one stop shopping and I always find a bagillion things I love when I'm there. So dangerous. I'm also a giant shoe whore. Seriously, I've purchased 7 pairs in a little over a month. YIKES! But that's another post for another time...

I also love helping other people choose clothes. If any of you want some help, I'd LOVE to! But beware: I will be as honest as they come.

So here are the questions that accompany the award. I know y'all are dying to know more about me...

1. Who is your style icon?
This is kind of hard, because I really don't look to anyone as a fashion icon. I like to be original and be my own person. I read magazines, but not that often. Gosh, I don't know. Let's just say all the classy women of the world. And the chic women of NYC. Oh, but I did love the way Sandra Bullock dressed in The Blind Side!

2. What is your favorite socialite book?
Uh, hmm, wow, I suck with this award. I read the entire series of "Gossip Girl", so I guess that. Quite honestly, I can't remember any socialite books I've read as of late. I'm into the whole crime novel business. "The Little Lady Agency" is great, but that's not really socialite...

3. What is your favorite party theme?
One with lots of wine. And hot, single, intelligent, STRAIGHT men. So, what? Booze me and schmooze me? That sounds like a good theme name for that atmosphere, donthcha think? Hey, I should start a dating service and name it that! Hmmmm...

4. What is your go-to Halloween costume?
I hate Halloween. Hate it. But if I'm forced to dress up, I go as a witch usually. And no, not a mega-slutty witch. Not my style.

5. What is the extravagance you just can't live without?
Extravagance? So that means I can say something materialistic and not sound totally superficial? Well if they fit right now, my Paper Denim & Cloth jeans. That were 120 bucks and I got for 12. They are heaven on the legs. And my cognac leather boots. Someone told me they looked like sex on the feet. I don't know what that means, but the boots sure do make me happy and walk with little more confidence. They were originally 180, I paid 45. I love a good bargain!

6. Who is the living person you admire?
My mother and grandmother (my dad's mom).

7. What is my greatest fear?
Death. The death of my loved ones and my own death. My last cat died yesterday (his sister died over a year ago, his brother died when I was in high school. Yes, we had 3 cats at once. And a dog or two.) and I was so upset over his death. In 23 years of life, the longest I have gone without a cat is a year. I just can't even fathom dealing with my grandma's death. And she's 89 almost. I dread the day. But my fear is somewhat out of control, which is actually one of the reasons I started seeing a therapist. But, I'm also TERRIFIED of all bird species. Words cannot describe the fear.

8. What's the trait you dislike about yourself?
Uh, my lack of confidence/lack of mouth filter/ability to be super bitchy/unintentional lack of respect I too often show my parents.

9. Which talent would you most like to have?
Um, read number 8. I'd love to have the talent not to do/be any of those ;). And I'd love to be able to run for longer than 5 minutes. I actually like running, I just suck at it. I can't breathe after a tenth of a mile. I also wish I could still play the piano and would love to learn the guitar.

1o. What is my greatest achievement?
Graduating college. And doing it in 4 years. Education is a big deal to my family, so I am really proud of myself for continuing the tradition. Can't wait until the day my greatest achievement is "becoming an RN!"

11. Who are the 10 people I'd like to tag with the Preppy Mafia award?
I can't choose. I think you are all fabulous and special and beautiful in your own individual ways. So I tag ALL (38-ish) of YOU who have a blog (even you, Ian). And if you don't accept the award and answer the questions, I will harass you until you do. And that's a promise. And a threat. So take this award, wear it with pride, and let us get to know you a little bit better. Please and thank you.


Hugs and Kisses,

Comments

Anne said…
What a great award! Congrats!! Are you really going to harass me?? ;)
J.B. said…
Me too, I'm waiting for the harassment. Actually, I'm challenged by Script Frenzy.

You posted on my blog that you started a Wednesday Wisdom kind of post. Do you ever think of restarting it?
Ian said…
Ok, I don't hand out awards much so I'll answer em here.

1. Who is your style icon?

Captain Crunch

2. What is your favorite socialite book?

A what? Whoever said I read?

3. What is your favorite party theme?

One that allows me to drink my ass off

4. What is your go-to Halloween costume?

I go as an ugly father

5. What is the extravagance you just can't live without?

Nothing

6. Who is the living person you admire?

The wife and the kid

7. What is my greatest fear?

Balloons

8. What's the trait you dislike about yourself?

Fat

9. Which talent would you most like to have?

To be able to predict the future

1o. What is my greatest achievement?

Bagging the wife

11. Who are the 10 people I'd like to tag with the Preppy Mafia award?

Um

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving