1. Oodles of family time over the weekend! My amazing grandmother came into town for a few days; we had my mom's family over here on Saturday; I babysat for my awesome cousins Saturday night; I went to my aunt and uncle's Sunday for Easter dinner; and I babysat for my awesome cousins again on Monday night! LOVED it! I seriously have to have the best family in the world. And I really love that I grew up with my extremely extended family, too. How many people can say they are close to their third (and now fourth) cousins?
2. The WEATHER! And FLOWERS! It looks soooooooooo beautiful. When I have more time, I'll share some pictures of the yard (my dad should be a landscape pro)! The beginning of the week was in the 80s, sunny, and just oh so perfect. Then the thunderstorms and tornado warnings rolled in, but I love storms, so it was still perfect for me. Falling asleep to the sound of roaring skies and rain hitting the window? So divine, if you ask me. Today was in the 50s and dreary, but it is supposed to be short lived. My depression is so much better now that the disgusting days of winter are gone.
3. Thursday night. As of Thursday night, I had babysat 33 hours in 5 days (in addition to volunteering, school, family shhhtuff). Thursday night was my first chance all week to sit down with my mom and just talk. And relax for longer than 10 minutes. And have a chance to catch up on responding to blog comments. And catch up on reading blogs. I. Was. So. Behind. It was so glorious.
4. I finally bit the bullet and went to a therapist. Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous and it went really well. I have a long ways to go, but I'm glad I finally realized I do need some outside help. And I'm not ashamed of it whatsoever.
5. Hasn't happened yet, but tonight I'm going to the Carrie Underwood concert! I haven't been to a concert in forever-- oh wait, I saw Journey last August. It just feels like forever ago--, and while I doubt it will be as good as The Eagles concert I went to a few years ago (the best concert I have ever been to), I expect it to be a solid show. I just wish I didn't have to babysit at 6:45 Saturday morning. Oh well, we can't have it all, can we now?
6. MORE new followers! It is still so weird to me that 33 (public) people enjoy my blog. I don't really it get it, haha. Honestly, I was expecting this thing to be a total flop and I would be one of three readers and I'd write every so often when I needed to be creative. I just can't believe that it has become so much more than that. I'm just blown away at how kind and encouraging and AMAZING all of my readers are. I feel so fortunate to have "met" all of you! Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have no idea how much I appreciate you :) And the best part of new followers? Discovering new blogs! Especially because a majority of the time they are hilarious blogs. And who doesn't need as many laughs as possible?
If you are stopping by from FGF, welcome! Thanks so much for popping in! I'd love to hear from you so I can check out your Friday post as well :)
** In the picture from yesterday, the date (which I cropped out) was 3/18/91. I was born 5/20/87. So the picture was taken 2 months and 2 days before my 4th birthday! So since I was technically 3, Ian was the only person who guessed correctly, who said 5, and then thought I was being tricky and said 3. My mom and I couldn't believe how tall and long my legs were. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm 5'9" now, huh? And thanks for all the sweet comments about the picture. Y'all are the best!**
Have a wonderful weekend!!!