My girl Pennie, Mom Thoughts, gave me the Honest Scrap Award, truth or dare style (minus the dare, although that would be fun!)! And because I'm a rule follower, here's 10 confessions you probably never cared to know :p
1. I only stick up for myself when it comes to my family, every one else can pretty much walk all over me (unless you lie to me, in which case, I will roast your tush like a 'mallow at a campfire). Not something I am proud of, by any means, and has been a major source of frustration my entire life, but it is what it is.
2. Knowing I made someone laugh gives me an immeasurable amount of joy. I just love the thought of making someone's day a little brighter.
3. I'm really shy around people I'm not close to. Really, really shy.
4. My dreams: travel the world, become a wife and mother, live to be 100, make a difference in the world, be remembered as someone with a big personality and an even bigger heart.
5. I get migraines at least three times a month. Weirdest migraine symptom? Leg cramps and achy knees, ribs, and throat.
6. I have felt a calling to adopt my entire life. I used to beg my parents to be foster parents. I think they secretly wanted to, but they had us later in life and didn't really want to go through parenthood all over again. It is really important to me that the man I marry is open to adopting as well, especially adopting a child(ren) with special needs.
7. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. God has a great plan for all of us, and whether or not it goes the way we had hoped, it's important to remember that there is a reason for that. If I don't get into nursing school for the fall, it just wasn't meant to be. I'll keep working, take a few more classes, then reapply to that program and apply to another program for the winter. Life goes on.
8. My family and friends, and even people who barely know me, tell me on a regular basis that I am an 'old soul'. We all agree that I would have been better suited had I been born in the 40s. However, as old fashioned as I am and as much as I prefer the simple way of life that existed even 20 years ago, I am probably way too open-minded to have lived back then. But if I could build a time machine, you better believe I'd choose to be a teen/early 20s in the 1950s.
9. Growing up, music was always playing. In our house, in the car, on the deck-- everywhere. As a result, I have a HUGE appreciation for music, but prefer anything (but hard, hard rock) from the 30s to the mid-90s. Today's music, aside from country and a few randoms, just really doesn't do it for me. I used to take voice lessons and play the piano.
10. I LOVE to cook and bake. I don't do it often, much to my mother's dismay, but I really, really enjoy it when I do!
Dang, that was hard!
And now I must pass on the award to 10 people. I'm choosing 10 people with a small following that I think deserve more recognition! In no particular order...
1. It's Just Me :) @ Who's Life is this Anyway? (Do I know your real name? LOL)
2. Krista @ Not Mommy of the Year (I Don't really know her following, but she's an awesome writer and her photos make me smile :) And she just changed her header photo and the crying mom and baby crack me up!)
3. Katie @ the moral of the story...
4. JB @ Purplume's Blog (I actually don't know how large her following is, but I love her and her spirit!)
5. Merri Ann @ My Life as a Mom over 40 (I know you're busy, Merri Ann, don't worry if you don't get around to doing this ;))
6. Casey @ Bundles of Beginnings
7. Janet @ Something to Talk About
8. Future Missy Prissy RN @ Mom, Wife, Student, Nurse, Ahhh!
9. Candace @ Me.
10. Keely @ The Life of a Proud Young Mommy (Keely, get a pause button for life, use it, and then update us, please!)
11. Pam @ True Mommyhood Stories
Also, if you follow my blog and have never commented, could you please comment or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a link to your blog (if you have one) so I can follow along? Chances are, if you like my blog, we have a lot in common, and I'd love to "meet" more people! Thanks!
Hope y'all are having/had a great weekend! The thunderstorms are in full force here, which I enjoy, so it's been good for me :)
And the Ghetto cried...Hey Cop!
4 days ago