Weekend Recap

This weekend has been great!

It all started Friday night around 8. One of my dearest friends in the world called and left me a voicemail, "Call. Me. Back. Call me back, call me back, call me back!" I knew she was traveling for work and assumed she was stuck in some airport in middle America.

Oh how wrong I was.

I called her back and she surprised me by saying, "I made a detour to Indy for the night! We're going out!!!"

YAY!

I don't think she knows how happy this made me. For one, she lives in Baltimore and I only get to see her sporadically, so this unplanned visit made my week. But also, aside from Chicago a couple weeks ago, I really haven't been out since January.

And now you know why I constantly forget that I am just 23.

Anyway, I rushed upstairs, threw on some clothes, did my makeup, and off I went. When I go out with the girls, I never know what the night has in store for us; and Friday night was no different.

We were in line, waiting to get into a bar called, "Landsharks." All of a sudden, this bouncer appears, pulls us out of line, and apparently said, "Would you ladies like to join us in the VIP section for a complimentary bottle of champagne?"

Um. DUH!

So off we went. Sitting VIP. Sipping on what turned out to be a 90 dollar bottle of champagne. For free.

A pretty fine way to start the night, dontcha' think?

The rest of the night was great. We drank, we danced, we laughed, we had fun.

It was definitely a much needed night out with some of my favorite people and I'm so thankful it happened. B and Kort, if you're reading this, Lacy Panties loves you!

Today I went for a great bike ride with my Ma and then went to the downtown part of my city to meet a guy from match and enjoy some live jazz music. He was really nice, very well educated, and tall. As far as chemistry? No, I wouldn't say it was there.

You know when someone tries so hard to be funny, and they do so nonstop? Yea, that's how it was. And somethings truly were funny, and I laughed hard. But other times I just wanted him to stop trying to be so "on."

Will I see him again? Maybe. He was very nice and we had great conversation. But if the chemistry isn't there, it isn't there, no matter how hard you try.

But the one thing I've started to realize? I have serious issues. Especially with men and relationships. I'll probably blog about it soon, but sometimes I forget other people actually can and do read this. Not like that's ever stopped me in the past, but I wish there was a way I could publish a post without the whole world reading it and commenting. Perhaps a second, private blog is in my future.

So now that I've jotted down memories I know I'll want to relive in the future, what did you do this weekend?


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comments

Momma Fargo said…
Filled up sandbags, Missy. I think it is far more exciting to be drinking a 90 dollar bottle of bubbly. You will find the right man. Don't settle. He's out there. Waiting for the right moment...be patient. Or not. I'm not patient. YIKES. Aren't I supposed to be helping? Ignore me. LOL
Pennie said…
I know what you mean about sometimes wishing not everyone was reading your blog. If you get a private one, you better invite me - I want to read about your dates! I live for posts like that! ;)
Marianne said…
Oh Pennie, don't you worry, the dates will always and forever be public! Stuff that funny deserves to be shared with the world ;)

I probably will always blog any and everything here and just turn off comments on the serious posts every now and then. Sometimes I just want to write with no feedback, ya know?
Jess said…
How awesome!!!!!!

I loved that you had such a great surprise!!!!

I, too, am realizing that I have serious issues with men and relationships. Well, I've always known I had them....... they are just highlighted, at the moment. It kind of sucks.
Marianne, I share your issues with men and relationships. So it's kind of like poetic justice that I'm a married woman of almost 11 years! LMAO Like Momma Fargo said, DON'T SETTLE!!!! Can't stress that enough...you just don't know. o_O As to my weekend, I sat on my portly arse for most of it, then got dragged to the grocery store with hubs, where he proceeded to insist we visit every single section...and not buy a goddamn thing from ANY of them...INCLUDING THE BAKERY!! He's DAMN lucky he made it out of there alive. Then, he pisses me off still further by not paying any attention to where the eff he was going, and driving me around in a big effing circle, so that when we pulled up to McD's to get myself a cone, they had JUST CLOSED. Literally, 30 seconds before that. So I had to go home starving and raging pissed because everything was closed for the night. NOT a good thing. Today, (or yesterday, I suppose you could say...LOL) I woke up with a massive migraine that it took me until almost 8 PM to shake completely. Slept for most of the day, which was great until I woke up and still had that blasted headache. Ugh. The kids were fantastic and gave me all the back and neck rubs I could tolerate, and I owe them huge! LOL Then, I made hubs go and get me SEVERAL cones to make up for his dumbassery the night before, and started blogging my fool butt off. =) I'm so glad you had such an amazing weekend!! I'm looking forward to my bestie coming to town at the end of this month -- it's going to be EPIC!! LOL Haven't seen her in 3 years now, and she lives in FL, AND she just gave birth to my first godson....it will be good times. =) So anywho, now that I've gnawed your ears off....xD Have a good Monday!

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving