Getting to Know [ME]

I know what you're thinking: "Seriously, she's doing ANOTHER meme?" Yes. My blog content has been less than stellar lately (although, I don't think it's ever been stellar and I still drop my jaw when a new person follows along), but I'm working on it. I babysat 11 hours today-- starting at 5:45 a.m. so this is as creative as it's gonna get. Welcome to motherhood, eh?

Anyway, first and foremost, I want to wish all of you beautiful, amazing, inspirational, never-cease-to-amaze-me mother's out there a very happy Mother's Day. I hope your families have wonderful surprises up their sleeves and you get to rest the whole day!

Keely @ MannLand5
hosts this meme (seriously, can we come up with another word? Do you understand how much I loathe typing/reading/saying this word? Almost as much as I loathe Lady Gaga.) usually on Sunday's, but switched it up this week for obvious reasons. Wanna play along? Go to her blog, answer the questions, link up. Woop!



1. What has been your most memorable Mother's Day? (with your mom, as a mom, or with your wife)
This is so bad, but to be honest, I don't really remember Mother's Day's from the past. I always do something for my mom and we've spent many a Day's with my grandmother, but none really stick out. How about the best thing I've ever done with my mom? We've taken a few girls trips and I LOVE it. We've done Chicago a few times, NYC, Myrtle Beach, & Maui. I promise her as soon as I make a solid income we're going to go somewhere exotic and out of the country, on me. I can't wait until we have the chance to do that!

2. Have you ever been pulled over for speeding and were you able to talk your way out of it?
Yes and no. Yes, I've been pulled over for speeding. No, the jerk still gave it to me and then told me to have a nice day, to which I replied, "I think you pretty much ruined the chances of that happening, don't you?" Long story short, apparently it takes 3 cops to pull over someone for speeding (the a-hole called for backup. I'm so threatening, I'm sure.). I did the deferral program and was on probation (sounds so badass, huh?) for 10 months (could still drive, but would have been in BIG trouble if I got another ticket in those 10 months). Ironically, this happened the day before Mother's Day (in '08). I had worked an 8 hour shift (in retail) and was on the way to the store to get my mom flowers. I'm still bitter about it.

3. What's the oldest thing you have hanging in your closet?
I clean out my closet twice a year and get rid of anything I haven't worn in a year (and yet, my closet is constantly overflowing), except for coats, which I keep for years. And I don't wear anything vintage...

4. Do you whiten your teeth?
I use whitening toothpaste, does that count?

5. Underwear or Panties..What do you call your "unmentionables"?
Underwear! I hate the word panties. It grosses me out!

6. If you could go on vacation right now..today..where would you go?
Somewhere warm and sunny, with palm trees, and a nice beach. I don't care where as long as it has those four things.

7. Do you get offended when people cuss on their blogs?
Well I swear, but I don't think I'm excessive by any means, so I don't really care if people say a shit here and a damn there, but there have been a few blogs I've come across and really couldn't stand the amount of swearing there was. It just seems so unnecessary and almost as if they were putting in the effort to swear--I just don't know anyone that uses the f-word every other word in real life. Does that sound hypocritical, for me to be OK with cursing as long as it isn't out of control?

8. If you had to give up one luxury item, it would be....?
My BlackBerry. Never mind the fact that I hate it, I just really am not a cell phone person. I'm nearly impossible to get ahold of and I tend to respond to texts three days later (unless it's from one of the families I work for). I just don't really care to be reachable 24/7.


Once again, Happy Mother's Day! And especially to you, Mom, I know we've had our share of arguments, especially lately, but I couldn't imagine having a better mother than you!

Comments

Pam said…
I CRINGE when I hear the word panties. Lol. I swear on my blog but I never use the f word. Using the f word excessively is kind of annoying and it defeats its purpose.
Have a great weekend!
Momma Fargo said…
Liked your post! Dang popo. And give up your Blackberry. Ugh. I think I would die first. LOL.
Jess said…
How about we come up with a new word, together? I hate it, too.

You can come visit here.
Melissa said…
You had to be at work at 5:45am? That is super crappy.

I couldn't remember my most memorable Mother's Day either until my lovely husband reminded me about the one in 2006 when I announced to everyone that I was pregnant... and then of course I remembered. I swear, my memory sucks!
Unknown said…
You are hilarious and your blogs always make me laugh...except then they aren't supposed to make me laugh, of course.
Casey said…
Well, if I'd known that you were up at the crack this morning we could've chatted. We had probably THE prettiest day of the year and I spent it all inside. It'll prabably be at least 90 from now until October. But I'm not bitter or anything...

And I have a confession. We say "panties" at my house. I think that's what we've always called them, so we can probably blame my mom for that.
Love the word panties (only when talking to my hubby about them!!! lol) what the heck does MEME stand for seriously??? lol.. Hope you and your mom had a great Mommy's day!!!! Up at 5:30 huh, preparing for being a nurse are ya??? lol I need to start getting used to a schedule like that when it is the weekend.
It's just me :) said…
First of all, your blog is always stellar, second of all, there is nothing wrong with the word panties. :p

And really? You would give up the BB? I'm pretty sure they will be prying my iPhone from my cold dead hands.
Anne said…
Hey, we all have to do a meme once in a while ;)

I also hate the word panties. And I hate the word moist. Put them together and you have THE WORST two word combination ever.

I can't wait to get rid of my BB and get an IPhone.
Anonymous said…
I love the word meme. Do you dislike it and Gaga because of the double syllable thing? I like nene too.

I don't like panties either.
Marianne said…
@ JB-- the funny thing about "meme" is that my children will call my mom "mimi" since that's why I called her as a kid. I guess it isn't the word or sound, I just think it's a weird word for what a "meme" is-- did any of that make sense?

I dont like anything about lady gaga, including her name ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving