In no particular order...
1. You're walking for exercise, working up a sweat, when, all of a sudden, you're passed by a woman who is pregnant and appears to be 7 months along and is running faster than a cheetah.
2. Your "fat" jeans are suddenly too tight.
3. Your 4 year old cousin tells you every time he sees you, "Mawianne, you have a BIIIIIIG booty!".
4. Your body is starting to resemble a cheeseburger (round, dimply, etc.) and the phrase, "You are what you eat" suddenly makes way too much sense.
5. You have to start looking at the morbidly obese to be able to say "Well, at least I don't have that much weight to lose".**
6. The mother of three you babysit for uses you so she can train for a marathon. While at her house, you eat all the left over Halloween candy.
7. You live in workout clothes. Not because you hit the gym so frequently, but because those are the only clothes that have enough give and don't cut off your circulation.
8. The people you graduated high school with a short four years ago don't recognize you anymore. (Although, I will freely admit, I was never the popular one--thank God-- and never partied, so seeing me at a bar feeling good probably isn't what they'd expect)
9. The trainer you've used a couple times a week for over a year has watched you manage to GAIN weight.
10. Said trainer suggests you see his therapist to figure out why you don't have enough will power to turn down a box of Fannie May's and chug a protein shake instead.
**I'm not making fun of morbidly obese; I feel horrible for anyone who gets to that point and admire those who take on the challenge of losing it all. But a fact is a fact and we all compare ourselves and our bodies to those of other people.
Wake Up, Fools!
12 hours ago