Scatter Brained.

In the off-chance that anyone still reads what has become a pathetic excuse for a blog, I thought I'd pop in and say HELLO!!!! Visits to blogland are few and far between these days (as I had predicted), and I'm not going to even try to get caught up on reading and/or commenting/comment replying. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great September.

*I had my first advanced physiology exam today. That's all I'm going to say about that. My stats final is Thursday! SO happy to be finished with that class! Also, today, lifespan development begins online.

*Timmy surprised me this morning by telling me he activated Sirius Satellite Radio in my car for 5 months. Just because he felt like it! Thanks Poppa Fancypants! (Timmy is my dad, in case you're confused.)

*A week and a half ago, I volunteered in the NICU for the first time in over two months a while. OK, so, I love the NICU for many reasons, but one of my favorite things to do is walk around and scope out all the nuggets' names. Don't ask me why; I'm just oddly obsessed with names. Anyway, being absent for so long, I knew most of the wee ones would be newbies (to me), so I was anxious to see what kind of names we had now. Y'all, can I just motion for a law to be passed that prevents parents from a.) naming their kid before the drugs wear off and b.) spelling it in a jacked up way? I swear, some of these spellings make you wonder if the parents failed Hooked on Phonics (some of them probably did... speaking of HoP, anyone familiar with Brian Regan's comedy routine about the program and name spellings? Freakin' hilarious!). I'd share them, but I don't want to unintentionally offend anyone, you know, in case I list, like, your most favorite name, like, ever. Plus it's probably a violation of HIPPA, because what isn't a violation of HIPPA? Blinking 5 times in 20 seconds is a violation of HIPPA, probably.

*It's currently 91* and breezy and sunny. Mother Nature, how about we keep it this way year around, mmk?

*Krista (love ya, girlfriend!) sent me an email last week letting me in on a secret. I LOVE secrets. Er, let me rephrase that, I LOVE being IN on secrets. Wanna know what the secret was? Click here and find out for yourself. I was so excited! If I still lived in Ohio, I probably would've hopped in the car to give her a squeeze in real life!

*I'm getting really annoyed typing this. When I use the shift key on my left side of the key board, 90% of the buttons don't shift. Using the right side shift is just awkward.

*I'm going to try to do the "Couch to 5K" program. I used to run in high school (you know, when I didn't have to work hard to be skinny, my metabolism was normal, and I weighed 40 pounds less. Ah yes, so long ago it seems.), so we'll see how it goes. Considering I just ate my weight in Panera, I'd say it can't hurt.

*Joan Rivers on E!'s Fashion Police is the most hilarious show on TV. Joan is the craziest old woman in the world and she is so uncensored. I just love her. I'll watch it late at night and just die of laughter.

*My friend, Lance, started a food blog, go check him out! Seriously, he puts Martha to shame.

*I went to THE BEST WEDDING EVER this past Saturday. Omg, it was awesome. I'll write about it soon.

*Last, but not least, my dear friend Denise gave me The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Denise! If you aren't familiar with her blog, stop by and give her some lovin'. She's great and real and is pretty, and, well, I like pretty people. They make me smile.


That's enough randomness for today. You're probably thinking, "Wow fickle white, maybe you should go back in hiding."

Smooches & Hugs,


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comments

Unknown said…
Aww... I made your blog post. I feel so flattered!

Hang in there lady, things will settle down soon. We'll all be here when they do. In the meantime, take notes so you have something to write about when you have the time.
Gucci Mama said…
The following are names of some of the kids in my son's preschool class.

Jay'den.
Elvis. Yes, I said Elvis.
Shelbie. As if that isn't bad enough, Shelbie is a boy. Yes, I said a boy.
Heaven.
Brecklyn. Also a boy.

I find these to be the height of ridiculous, and I do not know why parents cannot THINK of what will happen when their little "Jay'dens" and "Elvises" have to go out and get jobs.

Stupid.

Clearly, I have no qualms about the potential of offending someone. If you have sensitive feelings, don't name your kid something asinine and you won't have to worry. Otherwise it's open season.

Hope school's going well!
Merri Ann said…
I read more random bloggers than I do regular bloggers. Ummm ... that wasn't very clear.

I'll try again ... I tend to read a lot of blogs where the writers only post sometimes. I find most of them more entertaining. A lot of the bloggers who are posting several times a week are posting about crap I don't want to know.

There are some (like Helene) who I read every post and have for the last 2 years ... but only a handful.

Google reader is great for me because it catches each post without me checking back to see what's up.

Ok so that was a bunch of nothing ...

I'll close by saying... hope school is going well ... and I love hearing what's up in your life ... even randomly
Adriane said…
OK, you're like the 48th person either in a blog or on facebook to say they're going to/have tried the "Couch to 5K" program. I've seen many people have success with it. I keep thinking I'm going to get back into running, so maybe everyone around me can be the motivation I need to get my fat ass moving, especially since this program keeps popping up all around me. :-)
Big Fat Gini said…
Oh em gee.

I was literally having this discussion with a friend Sunday night. I reminded her that I went to school with a Chevrolet (apparently pronounced chev-oy-a), an Abe Lincoln, and a Harley Davidson.

Miss seeing you around! Hoping all is well in Fickle White Woman Land!
Jenn said…
Do some parents truly not think about their children's future when they are picking out names? I like "non-traditional" spellings...but they are spellings that make sense, at least! :)

BTW - I like your "random thoughts"...it sounds a lot like my brain! HAHA!
Denise said…
I love Brian Regan - talk about clean funny humor.

What a sweet compliment - thank you!
teacher girl said…
LOVE it all. Can you please just nonchalantly use some random names you saw in the NICU in your next few blogs...I'm weird about names too & I'm curious. Going to check out the food blog now...even though I should be going to the gym instead. oops! Good luck on your test!
Lance said…
Thanks a million for the link! I dunno if I put martha to shame but I would love to have her bank account!

Thanks again, much appreciated :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving