Ignorance & Computers Do Not Mix.

Conversation of the night with my ma:

"Marianne, do you know Fancypants' email address? Can't you find it on facebook or something?"

"Let me check... no, sorry, she doesn't have it listed. Just text her."

"I don't want to. Do you think it could be Fancypants@gmail.com?"

Laughing hysterically, "What the hell? You're just going to make up an email address and hope it goes to her?"

"You mean I can't?"

Obviously computer intelligence skipped a generation... yes, I know they weren't around when she was my age. Also, Fancypants is my new last name for my gmail account. I wasn't fond of people knowing my full name. So, now you get to receive emails from Marianne Fancypants.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like it. Nice to meet you Marianne Fancypants. I'm taking it!

I talk to my grandmom all the time about people on facebook and things I saw there, so then she gets all into facebook and wants to know who's doing what and if I've talked to people on there... she's adorable. I love that your mom thought she could make up an e-mail!
Jess said…
That's too funny!

BTW..... I think you can make it so you don't have any last name at all.
Mei said…
Yeah, I loved this! I wish my name was Fancypants!
Big Fat Gini said…
Good to know that the title of this post wasn't about me, as I originally thought it was.

Or was it....? (I said that in my creepy cliffhanger voice, so I don't really mean it)

Also, my "code word" below is semen. I'm not kidding.
JoJo said…
That's cute. Sounds like something my mama would say!
Helene said…
I noticed that on your e-mail from the other day!!

Your mom is funny! Thinking she could just make up an e-mail address since it had the name Fancypants in it and that the person would receive it!!!

My 93-yr old grandmother is now on Facebook. Seriously.
Pennie said…
I like "Lacy Fancypants" myself...

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving