Moving On

 I wrote my last post 6 months ago. I left off with the determination to make changes in my life so that I could rediscover myself and create my own happiness.

Well folks, I've done it.

It was maybe a week or two after that post that I was scheduled to do a phone interview for a position in Tampa. I had an offer the next day. And while literally NOTHING was in order for me to move 1,000 miles away in 5 weeks time, and much to my family's dismay, I told them yes.

I'm a very firm believer in fate and don't believe in coincidences. I am also very intuitive. Sure, on the surface, I had made a rash decision in a moment of desperation for a life change. But I also felt like if it wasn't meant to be, none of it would have lined up as it did.

I went into this job with the personal mindset of giving it 6 months. If, in that time, I felt like I'd made a huge mistake and wanted to go back to Indiana, then I would. Conversely, if I finally started to see a happiness that I haven't had in many, many years, I would make it a permanent change.

The 6 month mark is in a couple of weeks and a few weeks after that I close on my new townhouse... in Tampa.

This move has been one of the best decisions I've made in a very long time. I love my job for the first time ever. Even having to go back to night shift, I still haven't had one shift where I've dreaded having to go. As a matter of fact I'm actually... enjoying nights. Who am I?? I haven't cried once in the past 6 months (at least not related to work haha. Hey, I'm a sensitive being!). And Tampa has been such a pleasant surprise... until quarantine took over.

I moved down here really not knowing anyone, other than an a couple old childhood friends I hadn't seen in years. And of course, my social/dating life was really starting to take off as soon as the world shut down, which is really just the story of my life and all I can do is laugh. But even with the difficult task of having to make friends from scratch in my 30s, I've still fallen in love with the city, the proximity to the beach, all the outdoor living and activities, and, of course, being only an hour from my parents when they're here for the winter.

Moving a few states away from my parents and brother and sister-in-law isn't easy, it's been a very bittersweet decision. We are an extremely close family and all have houses within 10 minutes of each other. But I have been so blessed with the best family who supports me and all my crazy decisions and really just want me to be happy. My mom has had the hardest time with it; one of her favorite things is popping in at my house and hanging out chatting, or running errands together. But I'm planning on convincing them to spend half the year down here, so it'll be fine 😉

I'm also tasked with having to sell my house in Indiana. I was lucky enough to have found someone to stay in my home for 6 months (I've been in a furnished rental in Florida). I love that house, probably a little too much. I'll miss the front porch, the cute little cottage style, the gorgeous plants I've planted, and having a veggie garden. But I couldn't very well stay in Indiana just for a house. I'm sure some tears will be shed, but I am confident in my decision... which is more than I can say when I chose to move back to Indiana from California.

Besides, my new townhouse is SO great!! It's been completely updated, has a gorgeous white kitchen, a guest bedroom that I'm hoping gets a lot of use, views of a couple ponds, and, best of all, a huge patio/courtyard that's completely fenced in. Emerson (my dog) will be able to roam out there without me worried about him wandering off... or a gator finding him. As for me, I am so excited to have so much outdoor space that's private. The place ticked every single box expect for being closer to the beach, but life is about compromise, isn't it?

Anyway, that's that. I made a decision, took the bull by the horns, and am, by the grace of God, reaping the benefits. Often days, when I'm out walking, I still can't believe all the things I've done in the past 10 years and that this is where I am today. What. A. Ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving