Is Anyone Out There?

A couple people recently reminded me that I have a (pathetic excuse for a) blog and seeing that I haven't posted anything in over 2 months, I thought I should maybe peak in and say hi.


HI!

Life is pretty same ole same ole, and really, do any of y'all (assuming at least a few people haven't forgotten about me) actually care about the ins and outs of nursing school? Heck, I'm not always sure that I even care. Just a real quick update:

I am officially on the downward slope of school. As of the end of February, I am 50% finished with nursing school and I now have less than 5 months left until graduation. I made Dean's List in the fall (GPA over 3.5) and am hoping for that again the spring, but my grades last term weren't my best (and if I could verbalize why and know without a shadow of a doubt that no one from my school was reading, I would. But I'm not willing to take that chance. Let's just say every one in my program was ready to commit several crimes by the end of that term.). All A's and B's, but still, not my best.

I went to Florida for 9 glorious days at the beginning of March. I literally did nothing for school, did not even think about school, and just sat on the beach the whole time. Well, except that morning I went to the set of Spring Breakers, a new movie with Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, and Vanessa Hudgens. Saw all three of them, talked to Selena's bodyguard and makeup artist, but nothing too exciting. But anyway, spring break was amazing and exactly what I needed and when I got home people asked if I was Cuban. Win.

While in Florida I got an email from my cousin asking if I wanted to do a cruise with her in August for dirtier than dirt cheap, thus continuing my tradition of planning my next trip before the first one is even over.

The weather in Indiana has been UNREAL. I'm talking high 70s and 80s with total sunshine for two weeks. As I write this, it's 85 and sunny and I'm laying out. I think God knew I couldn't handle a terrible winter AND nursing school at the same time, so for that I am beyond grateful for the mild winter and early summer-like weather.

Post grad plans: Taking NCLEX as soon as I feel ready, which is hopefully within a week or two of graduation (before August 24th). I'm applying to an RN residency program in Los Angeles to work in pediatric oncology. Apparently it's an incredibly competitive program to get into, but IF I am accepted, I'd be moving out there in February and starting in March. I know whatever is meant to be will be... but if this could just be something that is meant to be, that'd be great.

I turn 25 in exactly two months, and, surprisingly, I'm not freaking out. I'm just enjoying life as much as I can right now and taking it all in stride. I think my patients have really helped me to get a better perspective on things.

My clinicals this term are on the mental health unit at the VA and another rotation at a nursing home. Two things I've learned: mental health patients have no filter (apparently I look like a very large guy), and I will NEVER put my parent's in a nursing home. Ever. I don't care what I have to give up in order to take care of them, I refuse to let them die that way.

In May I'm spending a week working with a midwife who provides care to pregnant Amish women. I cannot even put into words how excited I am for this experience.

I think that's about all there is to say. Sorry for going so MIA; I really hope someday sooner rather than later I get back into the blogging habit and have some more entertaining things to share besides that crap (literally and figuratively) that comes along with nursing school.

XOXO,


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comments

Melissa said…
I'm still here and thanks for the update! That think with the midwife working with Amish pregnant women sounds pretty darn awesome! And I really hope you get accepted in the pediatric oncology thing. Good luck!
Momma Fargo said…
Was just thinking about you yesterday when I was surfing blogs. So glad to hear from you and you sound marvelous! Keep up the great work in school. You rock!
Adriane said…
Thanks for popping in!

Working with a midwife sounds amazing! I'll be delivering this baby with a midwife, and I'm so excited for a change of pace from an OB/GYN.

Congrats on the Dean's List! I *guess* good grades are an OK excuse for not being around the blog lately. ;-)
Murdock's mama said…
YAY! For being over 1/2 way done with school, for a awesome vaca [& another one on the books] & for your Amish rotation experience this May! How exciting!!!

Glad you're back! :)
Oh good golly miss molly I'm so proud of you for sticking through this hard time in your life called nursing school! You're soo close to finishing you can taste it! Hang in there and don't worry about blogging or feeling guilty, you'll find time when you can to blog otherwise do it in your spare time...haha.
Denise said…
Always so good to hear from you! I am happy to hear that school is more than 50% done and taht you have some great goals lined up to work towards. :)
Rosh said…
I can't even tell you how excited I am to hear all about your midwife experience. And I hope everything with your pediatric rotation works out. You are doing some big, amazing things and I am so proud of you!:)

Popular posts from this blog

Just Popping In

Random Facts about Me You Probably Don't Care to Know.

The Season of Giving... & Receiving